When is WoW classic coming out?
World of Warcraft classic will undergo stress tests before going live. You may opt in to these tests but must have an active subscription to be able to do so.
Blizzard will be allowing us to create up to 3 characters on August 12th 2019.
Stress test dates:
- Stress Test 1: Wednesday May 22 – Thursday May 23
- Stress Test 2: Wednesday June 19 – Thursday June 20
- Stress Test 3: Thursday July 18 – Thursday July 19
Some beta testers have also found bugs within their time testing, which has been discredited by Blizzard as features, and in fact not bugs, these include:
- Issues with hit boxes
- Quest tracking issues, new quests not being tracked
- Slow respawn rates
- Available quests not displaying “!” on the mini map
- And a few more issues too
Release dates and times:
Full release is on 26th or 27th of August depending on where you live:
|Americas (PDT)||Europe (CEST)||Taiwan (CST)||Korea (KST)||Korea (KST)||UTC|
|August 26th||August 27th||August 27th||August 27th||August 27th||August 26th|
What content will be included?
Blizzard have announced that they will be starting on patch 1.12 but will be releasing content in waves to keep players interest in the game.
Below is a list of waves of additional content to be added, although as it stands we cannot confirm how long the wait is between waves.
- Phase 1 (Classic Launch): Molten Core, Onyxia, Maraudon
- Phase 2: Dire Maul, Azuregos, Kazzak
- Phase 3: Blackwing Lair, Darkmoon Faire, Darkmoon deck drops begin
- Phase 4: Zul’Gurub, Green Dragons
- Phase 5: Ahn’Qiraj War Effort begins, Ahn’Qiraj raids open when the war effort dictates, Dungeon loot reconfiguration (Tier 0.5 Dungeon gear, Relics, drop rates and location changes)
- Phase 6: Naxxramas, Scourge Invasion
Whats your thoughts on WoW classic:
Are you one of the millions of people who joined in on the World of Warcraft fad? Do you think vanilla should have been re released or left in the past?
Many people have said whilst they have fond memories of the game in its early stages, they do feel it has too many issues and are graphically put off by the state of the original game. What are your thoughts on this? Will you be playing WoW classic beta? Let us know in the comments.
Check out our other reviews here