Valheim swept the globe with its release at the start of the year, with the game-breaking Steam charts and providing players with a much-needed escape from a horrendous year. For those of you looking to advance quicker in the game, or just to enjoy a chilled, less grindy experience, there are both Valheim cheats and spawn commands.
Before using Valheim cheats, you will need to activate console commands, but you don’t do this in game, you will need to go to Steam and right click on Valheim, click on properties and add -console to the launch options, this will activate console commands allowing you to use the Valheim cheats in game.
How To Activate Valheim Cheats In Game
Now that you’ve enabled the console, you will want to head into the game and jump on your Valheim server or save. Press F5 when in-game and type devcommands once you have done this, all the cheat commands will now work.
Valheim Cheat List:
- god Become invincible
- ghost Become ignored by monsters & AI
- raiseskill [skill] [amount] Increase the desired skill level, you will need to do this for each skill you want to raise
- resetskill [skill] Reset specific skill, you will need to do this for each one you want to reset
- resetcharacter Start the entire character from fresh
- heal Restore your health completely
- puke Reset health and stamina
- hair Remove all your hair
- beard Remove your beard
- model [1 or 2] Swap between male or female character
- dpsdebug Show DPS counter, toggles on / off
- players [nr] Scales the difficulty depending on player numbers
- freefly Fly through the map with free camera
- ffsmooth 1 Free camera smoothing
- ffsmooth 0 Sets camera smoothing to default
- save Force the game to save
- exploremap Show the entire map
- resetmap Reset the map to default, removing any explored progress
- pos Show player coordinates
- goto [x,y] Teleport to location Coordinates
- location Create a new spawn location
- killall Destroys all monsters in the area
- tame Tames all the creatures in the area
- removedrops Destroys all the dropped items in the vacinity
- tod [Number] Changes the time of day -1 to set default
- skiptime [Number] Skip time by set number of seconds
- sleep Skip to next day
- event [name] Start specified event
- stopevent Stop current event
- randomevent Begin a random event
Valheim Item Spawn Commands
To spawn in items in Valheim, you will need to use the following command, filling in the item, quantity and level of the required item: spawn [item] [quantity] [level]
Using cheats in Valheim can completely change the game, especially for those just wanting to enjoy the more creative side of Valheim’s base building mechanics, allowing you to spawn in what you need to defeat monsters and get your Valheim base built.
Valheim Admin Commands & Server Management
As well as the commands to help you in-game, there is also more admin-focused commands too, which can help you to run your Valheim server more efficiently.
- help Shows all available commands
- kick [name/ip/userID] Kicks specified user or IP
- ban [name/ip/userID] Bans specified user or IP
- unban [ip/userID] Unbans specified user or IP
- banned Show all banned users and IP’s
- ping Check the latency of the server
- lodbias [number] Change draw distance between 1 to 5.