Find out how to get the shovel in Sons Of The Forest with this easy guide! One of the first marked locations you’ll see using the GPS map requires a shovel. In fact, there are several items hidden beneath the soil in the game, but these need to be dug up using a shovel.
Unfortunately, it’s not as easy as combining a few items on your crafting mat to get a shovel in Sons Of The Forest. There’s a cave system you’ll need to enter to obtain the shovel, but finding it, and navigating it can be tricky.
Shovel Location in Sons Of The Forest
In the center of the map which you can open using M, you’ll notice a snow-covered mountain. To the left of this is a cave system that you’ll need to enter in order to find the shovel. There are several cave locations near the mountain, but the one you want is circled on the GPS above.
In order to get the shovel in Sons Of The Forest, you’ll need the Rebreather and Zipline Gun. You’ll also need a decent weapon, as there are several tough enemies you’re going to face.
Sons Of The Forest Shovel Walkthrough
Here’s how to navigate the cave and get the shovel in Sons Of The Forest:
- When you arrive at the cave, collect the cloth and rope outside.
- Break the sealed entrance and enter the cave.
- Navigate through the cave until you reach a drop, but don’t go down it.
- Look up and use the Zipline Gun to attach yourself to the zipline. Navigate to the other side of the cave.
- Approach and enter the water and dive into the pit (rebreather required).
- Follow the underwater path then climb out of the water.
- Continue forward until you come across another slope which you can slide down.
- Slide down the slope and walk toward the light source, picking up all items you can see.
- Continue through the cave and fight through the mutant cannibals.
- In the second “room”, follow the path toward the back to locate a corpse that has a flashlight.
- Continue ahead to another body of water, dive in, and swim until you reach land.
- Exit the water and locate the corpse by the cliff edge.
- Interact with the corpse to find the shovel.
Getting Out of the Cave
After you’ve picked up the shovel, you’ll notice there’s no easy way out or obvious exit. Instead, you’ll need to trace back your steps until you notice a large mutant cannibal on the left-hand side. It’s worth blasting this with C4 if you have any on you.
Follow the cave system until you see a gap that you can fit through.
After a long journey, it’s all been worth it! Now you can use your shovel to dig up and uncover new areas of the map or hidden treasures.