After more than five years of development in early access, Raft the final chapter is now out. With tons of new features, places to explore, and even new playable characters, it’s by far the biggest and most impressive update in Raft to-date.
The latest Raft update includes new places to explore, including new small and large islands, new playable characters, new tools and much more, giving both existing and new players tons of content to enjoy.
There’s also plenty of new community assets, so before you dive back into your adventure, be sure to check out the best Raft mods.
Table of contents
Raft Chapter 3: New Destinations
Raft Chapter 3 brings with it three new destinations; Varuna Point, Temperance, and an unknown (for you to discover yourself) island.
Designed to be a salvation for the elite, Varuna Point was quickly flooded and now leaves a wealth of sunken and abandoned towers for players to discover.
As well as you being able to explore what’s left of the buildings, you’ll be able to dive deep down and uncover Varuna Point’s hidden depths. What lies beneath, only you can find out.
Temperance is an area above land, covered in snow.
Home to the researchers at Selene, it was the last hope for humanity to reverse the rising of the oceans.Steam
Once the reactor malfunctioned, those who inhabited Temperance quickly fled to fight for their survival. However, if you’re brave enough, your mission is to restore the reactor to its former glory.
In Raft Chapter 3, you’ll be able to unlock four new characters. These characters are playable, but not all of them can be found in the new destinations. You may need to revisit old locations and islands to find them.
As well as the new characters, there are new clothing options available for each character including shorts and t-shirt combos, summer-style tops, and, in keeping with Raft’s story, some ripped trousers.
If you’ve found the existing pool of enemies a bit dull, you’ll be excited to learn that there are a bunch of new enemies for you to encounter:
- Polar Bears
There are plenty more enemies to discover too, but the developers wanted to keep some things under wrap for you to encounter yourself.
If you’re struggling with getting started, and the new enemies are too tough to handle, check out our beginners guide to Raft.
Rather than ditching items you don’t need, or ignoring them when they float past your raft, you can visit trading posts across the many large items you discover.
These trading posts will contain useful items to help with your survival, others will allow you to beautify your raft like never before.
In order to purchase items from trading posts, you’ll need Trash Cubes and Trade Coins. Trash Cubes can be produced in the Recycler by inserting left over materials and converting them into cubes. Trade Coins can be earned by selling rare fish to the trading posts you come across.
There are tonnes of new items available in Raft Chapter 3, many of which will make surviving on your raft much easier. Some of the items include:
- Juicer, Electric Grill, and Electric Smelter
- Advanced Anchor, Advanced Biofuel Extractor, Recycler, and Wind Turbine
- Titanium Arrows, Sword, Axe, and Hook
- Canteen, Advanced Battery, Advanced Headlight, and Electric Zipline Tool
- Advanced Crop Plots, Advanced Scarecrow, Big Backpack, and Anchor Lever on Engine Controls
- Horizontal Pillar, and Detail Plank
Full Raft Chapter 3 Changelog
- 3 new story destinations: Varuna Point, Temperance and one secret destination
- 3 new small islands
- 14 new achievements
- Added Trading Posts to most large islands
- Added food and drinks buff system with 6 different buffs
- Added 4 new playable characters
- Added 30 alternate character outfits
- New enemies: Angler Fish, Scuttler, Polar Bear, Hyena and 2 secret enemies
- New item: Juicer
- New item: Drinking Glass
- New Item: Electrical Grill
- New item: Electrical Smelter
- New item: Advanced Stationary Anchor
- New item: Advanced Biofuel Extractor
- New item: Wind Turbine
- New item: Recycler
- New item: Titanium Axe, Arrow, Hook and Sword.
- New item: Water Canteen
- New item: Advanced Headlight
- New item: Electrical Zipline Tool
- New item: Advanced Battery
- New item: Advanced Crop Plots in 3 sizes
- New item: Advanced Scarecrow
- New item: Big Backpack
- New item: Advanced Collection Net
- New item: 8 new hats
- New item: Trading Post Cassette
- New item: 5 new enemy trophies
- New item: 3 placeable honk horns with different sounds
- New item: Foundation Counter
- New item: Tic-Tac-Toe
- New item: Fridge
- New item: Compass
- New item: Wardrobe
- New item: 28 vending machine decorational items
- New item: Added Turmeric, Juniper and Chili for recipes
- Updated Engine Controls: Added anchor lever
- New building piece: Horizontal Pillar
- New building piece: Detail Plank
- New building piece: Draw Bridge in 2 sizes
- Added fishing bait menu and 3 different fishing baits
- Adjusted all solid building block textures
- Added voice playback for all story notes
- Notebook now displays a different first page depending on which character you play as
- Added a sort button to storages
- Added Exclusive Fullscreen mode in settings
- Seagull functionality has been rewritten to reduce bugs
- Added 3 new community made rafts to the main menu
- New feature: Bonus thirst
- New feature: Bonus health
- Big Islands now start spawning without requiring receiver
- Recipes now say Cooking Pot or Juicer at the top
- Adjusted Cooking Pot recipes ingredients and outputs
- Each battery slot now has a charge indicator
- Bow shot can now be cancelled while charging by pressing RMB
- You now have to hold RMB to pour liquid from cup and bottle
- Scarecrows now remove themselves after being completely destroyed by seagulls
- When in a storage, crafting now takes into account the amount of items in the storage as well
- Added setting to invert mouse cursor icon
- Fuel Tank can now receive fuel through the pipe socket
- Adjusted Easy and Peaceful damage multipliers
- Renamed Tangaroa Tokens to Vending Machine Token
- Flower seeds now have 100% drop chance
- UI performance improved
- Updated UI for oxygen
- Reduced time to remove placeable items with ‘X’ from 3 to 1 seconds
- New Feature: Auto run toggle button
- Added prompts informing players if they are not connected to Steam
- Added 144 FPS cap as settings option
- Recoded the raft collision system to greatly improve performance (most notable on big rafts)
- Added lantern particle effects LODs to improve performance
- Changed recipes from UI to textures to improve performance
- Landmarks despawning when raft is far away
- Placeable items appearing to be blocked by something invisible
- Floating items spawning to the side of the raft while having a big raft
- Upgrading foundations with hammer could make it lose collision
- Seagull flying through walls
- Seagull ignoring scarecrows
- Entering bed from climbing on a ladder could make you fly
- Jump animation issues
- Paint brush couldn’t paint after aiming at a scarecrow
- Players could enter non discovered frequencies in receiver
- Players unable to join very large rafts
- Tangaroa Cockpit being locked after launching and relogging
- Eggs unable to be picked up if they are on a collection net
- A lot of typos
- Being soft locked when getting charged by a Warthog
- Paintbrush accidentally painting objects when aiming at them
- Water pipes not working above floor 9
- Animals disappearing (should be a lot more stable)
- Metal detector not always working
- Hook sometimes stuck in throw state
- Stormy weather causes issues with hook and sounds
- Toggle sprint setting is not saved between sessions
- Dying from hunger in a bed leaves the screen black
- “Bee Keeper!” and “Artistic Collection!” achievements not getting unlocked
- Pipe connecting issues
- Roof L- and X-junctions did not have any cost
- Couldn’t place diagonal walls on half floors