Pokémon Go 0.161 the latest Pokemon Go update release notes are now available, although Apple users will notice it shows as Pokémon Go 1.127 in the App Store.
The list below is all that has been added to the update so far, but this may be subject to change, or may simply include other updates not listed.
Although it might not be the most exciting update out so far, it is nice to see Niantic actively continuing to push out further bug fixes and support.
- Added visual cues and “Weak Connection” messaging when the user experiences poor network connections during Trainer Battles
- Updated Adventure Sync permission modals to guide player through switching on the correct settings
- Added an error message when Pokémon GO fails to connect to the Nintendo Switch games Let’s GO Eevee and Let’s GO Pikachu
- Uncaught forms of Deoxys are now visible in the Pokédex
- Support for PokéStop nominations and Wayfarer reviews
Team GO Rocket bug fixes:
- Team GO Rocket Leaders and Giovanni timing issues in the Asia-Pacific region
- Pokémon GO Plus icon no longer overlaps with Rocket Radar icon on Map UI
- Main menu and “X” buttons no longer overlap when accessing profile page right after activating Rocket Radar
- Team GO Rocket dialogue and background music fixes
- Player can no longer receive item rewards after battling Team Go Rocket if their Bag is full
Other bug fixes:
- In Trainer Battles, “Super Effective” and “Not Very Effective” text no longer carries over after a Pokémon is swapped or knocked out by a super effective or not very effective move
- The “Exchange” button no longer reappears after purchasing an Avatar pose
- Pokémon GO icon now appears correctly on Android push notifications
- Endless spinner caused by backgrounding an in-app purchase now results in immediate cancellation of purchase with error message
- Pokédex entry for Pikachu now shows normal form instead of costume form
- Improved device time zone recognition
- Fix for Android install error
- Some further Pokémon GO Plus connection fixes
Check back from time to time for the latest Pokemon Go updates and news.