Ever thought about using mods on The Forest? While it’s one of the best survival games, there’s always room for improvement. And until Sons of The Forest comes out in May 2022, there’s plenty of time to enjoy The Forest with the addition of some game-enhancing mods.
The ModAPI Hub hosts plenty of The Forest mods, available to download for free. It’s easy to get the mods downloaded and installed once you know how to.
You can use ModAPI to easily install mods for The Forest. You can get the installer here.
- Choose a game (The Forest).
- Select the ModAPI base package.
- Select popular mods you want to install (you can skip this part if you want to).
- Download the installer.
How do I Install Mods for The Forest?
Before installing mods, you’ll need to download them. There are plenty of The Forest mods available here. You can filter the list down to include bug fixes, building enhancements, multiplayer options, and more.
- Click on the mod you want to download.
- Select the version from the right-hand side panel.
- Put the downloaded .mod file into the following directory: mods/TheForest in the ModAPI path.
Where Is The Forest Game Path?
If you need to locate where The Forest is installed on your PC, it’s easy to identify this.
- Launch Steam.
- Locate The Forest in your library.
- Select Local Files > Browse.
- This will take you to the Steam directory for The Forest.
What’s The Best Mod for The Forest?
While there are many awesome mods for The Forest, by far the most popular mod is Champions of The Forest. It essentially turns the game into an RPG version of The Forest, introducing custom weapons, equipment item drops from enemies, custom stats, and many more.
If you love Diablo, but need your fix of survival games, Champions of The Forest is a real winner.