Discord is a fantastic app to use if you want to chat with your friends or teammates while playing a game. It’s easy to download and use on a PC or Mac, but many users are wondering how to get Discord on Xbox Series X.
While there isn’t a Discord app you can download on your Xbox, Microsoft introduced Discord Voice back in September 2022. This means you can chat with anyone from Discord through existing voice channels or group calls on your Xbox.
Let’s take a look at how you can get Discord working on your Xbox Series X.
Link Your Discord Account to Your Xbox via Mobile
To get Discord on your Xbox Series X, you’ll need to link your Discord account to your Xbox. You can do this easily via the Discord mobile app.
- Open the Discord app on your iOS or Android device.
- Select your avatar, then Connections.
- Select Add, then Add new connection.
- Select Xbox.
- Select Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select Authorize to link your Xbox and Discord accounts.
Link Your Discord Account to Your Xbox via PC/Mac
If you already have Discord on your PC or Mac, it’s easy to link your Discord account to your Xbox:
- Open the Discord app on your PC/Mac.
- Select the User Settings option next to your account name.
- Select Connections.
- Select the Xbox icon and follow the on-screen instructions.
- When the “Let this app access your info?” screen is displayed, select Yes.
Link Your Discord Account to Your Xbox via Xbox App (Windows and Mobile)
If you are using the Xbox mobile app, you can link your Discord account to your Xbox as follows:
- Select your gamerpic.
- Select the gear (settings) icon.
- Select Discord.
- Select Continue, then sign in to your Discord account.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account.
If you are using the desktop Xbox app for Windows, you’ll need to do the following:
- Press the Start button and type “Xbox” or choose Xbox from the list.
- Click your gamerpic, then select Settings.
- Select Link next to the option for Discord and follow the on-screen prompts.
Link Your Discord Account to Your Xbox via Xbox Series X
To link your Discord account to your Xbox via the console, follow these steps:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller.
- Navigate to Profile & system > Settings > Account > Linked social accounts.
- Look for the Discord tile then select Link.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to link your Discord account to your Xbox.
Enjoy Discord on Your Xbox Series X|S
Yes, it would be great if there was a Discord app you could download on your Xbox. However, Microsoft hasn’t shown any plans in the pipeline to offer this.
For now, you can get Discord to work on your Xbox Series X in many different ways.