The Church Of Inhibition in Elden Ring is a key location if you want to complete Varre’s questline and be able to indulge in some PVP. By following the quest, you’ll be able to obtain the Bloody Finger and collect some other vital items and gear throughout the Church Of Inhibition area.
While it’s possible to get to the Church Of Inhibition at a low level, we recommend using our helpful Elden Ring tips and tricks to level up, as you’ll need to defeat Festering Fingerprint Vyke to enter the church.
Elden Ring’s Church Of Inhibition
Where Is The Church Of Inhibition In Elden Ring?
The Church Of Inhibition in Elden Ring is located in the Liurnia of the Lakes region. It’s north of the starting area and it’s about as far as players can go without using the Grand Lift of Dectus to enter the Altus Plateau.
If you’ve adventure through Liurnia of the Lakes, the Church Of Inhibition is east of Bellum Church and west of the Frenzy-Flaming Tower. We recommend using Torrent to access the area as wandering on foot can be dangerous.
Note: You’ll need to play Elden Ring online to complete Varre’s questline since you’ll need to invade other players in PVP. If you’re playing Elden Ring offline to disable messages and bloodstains, you’ll need to switch back to multiplayer.
Varre’s Questline Through To The Church Of Inhibition
If you’re trying to complete Varre’s questline in Elden Ring, the quest will naturally take you towards the Church Of Inhibition, but getting there can be tough, especially at lower levels.
Once you’ve beaten Godrick, you’ll need to return to Varre at the First Step Site of Grace. He will congratulate you and inform you that you need to seek an audience with the Two Fingers at the Roundtable Hold.
Here’s a brief walkthrough of Varre’s questline which will take you to the Church Of Inhibition in Elden Ring:
- Speak to Varre at the First Step Site of Grace.
- Go to the Roundtable Hold main chamber and speak to the Finger Reader.
- Travel to the Rose Church (west of the sunken Academy Gate Town located in Liurnia of the Lakes). The Rose Church is located on a small island.
- Talk to Varre and tell him that the Two Fingers didn’t seem right (don’t say that they were magnificent).
- Continue talking to Varre until he gives you five Festering Bloody Fingers.
- Consume three Festering Bloody Fingers to invade other players in Elden Ring. Don’t worry if you defeat the players or not, you’ll still be able to progress through Varre’s questline.
- Return to the Rose Church and speak to Varre to become anointed as a knight of Mohg.
- Accept the white fabric from Varre who will tell you that you need to soak the fabric with the blood of a maiden.
- Go to the Church Of Inhibition in the northern part of the Liurnia of the Lakes region.
- Find the dead maiden who is sitting on a chair then dye the cloth with the maiden’s blood when prompted.
- Return to Varre at the Rose Church and he’ll officially name you.
- Accept the prompt for Varre to cut your finger off and continue talking to him to obtain all of the rewards for the Varre questline in Elden Ring.
What Rewards Do You Get From Varre in Elden Ring?
Once you’ve completed Varre’s questline and allowed him to cut your finger off (I know, I know, but it’s worth it), you’ll be rewarded with a few essential goodies. These rewards include:
- Bloody Finger (like the Festering Bloody Finger, but it won’t be consumed and you can use it indefinitely).
- Pureblood Knight’s Medal (using this will teleport you to Mohgwyn Palace, a very high-level area).
Festering Fingerprint Vyke At The Church Of Inhibition
Getting to the Church Of Inhibition in Elden Ring is no mean feat, but the challenges don’t stop once you arrive. Getting close to the Church Of Inhibition will trigger Festering Fingerprint Vyke to invade. This is quite a tough fight, and you’ll need to level quite a bit to be able to defeat him.
Vyke moves fast and he delivers some powerful attacks. You won’t be able to get to the Church Of Inhibition in Elden Ring without defeating him. But, once he has been defeated, you can head to the Church Of Inhibition and locate the maiden in the chair, which is needed for Varre’s questline. You’ll also receive Vyke’s War Spear which allows you to inflict Madness on your enemies.
Interacting with the maiden not only allows you to soak the cloth from Varre in blood but also rewards you with the Finger Maiden armor set.