If you’re wondering how to repair weapons in Dying Light 2, you’ll be pleased to know that it is possible, in a roundabout way. While the game doesn’t directly show you how to repair weapons and extend their longevity, there is a little trick in Dying Light 2 to extend your weapon’s durability.
Is It Possible to Repair Weapons in Dying Light 2?
Yes, you can repair weapons, but it’s a unique method that really isn’t obvious.
Before being able to save your weapons from breaking, you’ll need to sink a few hours into the game first. At the start of Dying Light 2, your best bet is to sell your broken weapons to vendors or just get rid of them.
Repairing Weapons in Dying Light 2 Using Mods
If you’re used to playing RPGs, you may be wondering where the repair bench or blacksmith is in Dying Light 2. Well, let me tell you, it doesn’t exist, and that’s why it’s not so obvious how to repair your weapons.
Thankfully, you can install mods to your weapons to increase their durability, thus you don’t have to get rid of your weapons as quickly since they will last longer.
Each mod you apply to your weapon adds +50 durability. If your weapon has three modification slots, you can extend your weapon’s durability by +150. Of course, your weapon’s durability will diminish eventually, but this method allows you to get the most out of your weapons.
The Reinforcement Grip Mod can be obtained once players reach the Bazaar. This follows the Markers of Plague story quest, allowing you to advance and explore the map.
Once inside the Bazaar, players can purchase the Reinforcement mod and apply it to weapons that have a Grip Socket. This mod decreases durability loss by 100% when it’s fully upgraded
In Dying Light 2 you can find charms. In most cases, these charms can be attached to your weapons to make them look more unique. However, the Korek Charm has a higher purpose; it adds +500 durability to any weapon. You can remove it from your weapons and re-add it to essentially grant infinite durability, meaning you won’t have to repair your weapons again in Dying Light 2.
However, obtaining the Korek Charm is a pretty tough feat. Here’s how to get it:
- Gain access to the top of the VNC Tower.
- From here, look around for the tall building with a white pole sticking out the top, and glide down to it.
- Grab the cable in front of you, stand on the plank at the edge of the building, then drop down to the open window below.
- From the window, drop down to the next open window and attach the cable to the red generator.
- Head to the green generator on the opposite side of the room and grab the cable.
- Stand on the plank at the window next to the generator and drop down to the open window below.
- Repeat this and attach the cable to the generator in the room underneath.
- On the opposite side of the room, grab the cable from the green generator.
- Leave the room via the balcony and turn left toward the plank on the edge of the building.
- Drop down to the roof below and turn right to access the next plank.
- Get down to the next roof then enter the building to your left, attaching the cable to the generator.
- Deactivate to Defense System then go through the double doors.
- Around the coffee table, you’ll notice square stools. You need to sit on these in the right order: first the yellow one aside the red lantern, then go counterclockwise and include the small cushion in front of the TV.
- The last cushion will be the closest to the double doors. Remain seated and pay attention to the coffee table. After 30 seconds or so, you’ll see the Korek Charm blueprint appear.
While using mods to increase your weapon durability in Dying Light 2 is great, they can also be used to dish out several types of damage, allowing players to add additional damage per second on top of the initial damage.
Some of the mods, such as ones with electric or fire damage, also have the added bonus of being able to spread from one enemy to another, giving you the added bonus of having an AOE weapon capable of efficient crowd control.