Since August 2020, Dead By Daylight allows crossplay. Dead By Daylight is available on PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch. This means you can play Dead By Daylight with your friends across multiple platforms.
Crossplay not only makes matchmaking easier and faster, it means you can play with your friends to defeat the Killer.
How to Enable Dead By Daylight Crossplay
Before adding friends to play with you, you’ll need to enable crossplay in Dead By Daylight. Follow these simple steps to get started:
- Navigate to the bottom of your screen in Dead By Daylight.
- Locate the cog icon and select “options” next to it.
- Scroll to the bottom of the window and navigate to the “online” section.
- Select the “Crossplay” option to enable it.
This will enable you to play Dead By Daylight with other people, and your friends, around the world on different platforms.
How to Add Friends in Dead By Daylight
To play with your friends who own Dead By Daylight on other platforms, you’ll need to add them to your friends list.
- In the lobby, select the “Friends” icon at the bottom of your screen or the plus (+) icon next to your survivor.
- Select the person with a plus (+) icon next to them.
- Enter your friends’ Player ID.
- Select “Invite a Friend” when their name appears.
How do You Find Player ID in Dead By Daylight?
Your player ID in Dead By Daylight can be found in the top left-hand window of the Friends screen. To navigate here, select the “Friends” icon from the lobby.
The ID is depicted by a name followed by a hashtag and string of numbers (much like the Gamertag for Xbox).
Is Crossplay Enabled for Dead By Daylight on Mobile?
Mobile players cannot play Dead By Daylight crossplay with their friends on other consoles. There is a basic version of crossplay on mobile as iOS and Android players can play with each other.
However, if your friend owns the mobile version of the game and you own the PC version, you will not be able to play together.