After a long wait for Ark’s console players, Crystal Isles is now out on console, finally. If this wasn’t enough, PC and console players can experience double rates with Ark update 2.35.
As is often the case with Ark, the release was met with frustration, with several players venting their annoyance on Twitter. Although, as much as I do personally love Ark, people must realise by now, when a new map has a release date announced, take it with a pinch of salt.
If you only own Ark on console and this is your first time playing Ark’s new map Crystal Isles, I highly recommend giving it a go, it really is a stunning map.
Ark update 2.35 has been released to PC, PS4, and Xbox One. The update features the release of the Crystal Isles map to console alongside some pretty decent rate boosts.
Courtesy of Studio Wildcard, here’s a list of the new content updates with Ark’s 2.35 release:
- Crystal Isles Free Map DLC now available
- Removed Trope spawn from non-Crystal Isle maps
- Doubled harvesting, taming, and XP rates in the core game
- Fixed multiple level design issues related to holes, volumes, floating foliage, and more across various maps.
- Desert Kaiju lightning strike no longer goes through terrain/world geo
- Reaper Kings in Rockwell Fight are no longer tamable
- Setname now correctly checks for admin
- Fixed multiple mesh exploits
Whilst this update doesn’t bring much to the table for PC players, Ark’s console players finally get to enjoy Crystal Isles as well as some important updates.
Ark’s PC community have enjoyed exploring Crystal Isles since its release back in June, and even before then on unofficial servers.
Double harvesting, taming, and XP rates are a welcome relief for players who have been grinding their way through the Ark for sometime now. It will give Official server players the opportunity to explore some of Ark’s end-game content.
On top of this, we’re curious to see what the next Evolution Event will bring in addition to the doubled rates.
Ark is now available on PC, Linux, PS4 and Xbox One. Are you enjoying the new Crystal Isles map on console? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!